Web content filtering
Designed for education and libraries, M86’s appliance-based filtering and reporting solution gives school administrators and librarians the tools to manage student and staff use with minimal effort. TIES employs technology from M86 to provide the most capable and flexible filtering services.
The 8e6 Professional Edition delivers high-performance, enterprise-quality filtering via a suite of task-specific appliances. It sits outside the flow of network traffic, executing passive observation and approval/denial of outbound web requests. This results in unmatched network compatibility, performance and fail-safe confidence. The 8e6 Professional Edition has been ranked among the most accurate web security solutions for the past 10 years.
|Buying M86 products is covered under a no-purchase-limit national contract that allows the customer to negotiate lower prices for large, bulk purchases directly with M86. TIES is a Platinum partner with M86.
- Filters the Internet, including URLs and/or IP address, file types such as MP3, MPEG, .zip, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, newsgroups (NNTP) and TCP ports.
- Blocks Internet threats, including spyware, malicious code and phishing sites.
- Blocks instant messaging and peer-to-peer by signature or platform, using M86 Security's Intelligent Footprint Technology.
- Real-time probes allow administrators to monitor Internet activity as it happens.
- "X-strikes" blocking locks down a workstation when administrator-defined thresholds for accessing inappropriate web sites are exceeded.
- Proxy pattern blocking uses signature-based/network pattern detection to block anonymous proxies.
- Enforces SafeSearch mode for all searches, including images, within Google and Yahoo! search engines.
- Customer feedback module daily sends frequent, noncategorized URLs from participating customers back to M86, where selected URLs are reviewed and added to M86 Security's standard library categories.
- Synchronization Central Management Console allows administrators to synchronize and management multiple R3000s without independently configuring each unit.
- Directory-based authentication uses such directories as Windows Active Directory, Windows NT and LDAP.
- Reporting with 8e6 Professional Edition is a completely different experience than with other web-filtering products. Designed to meet today's business, education and government archival requirements, the suite's reporting appliance processes granular data queries down to the user and specific web page at speeds that deliver fast results and retrieve archive data in a fraction of the time that other products require.