|Advisory committees and special interest groups|
TIES ADVISORY COMMITTEES
TIES advisory committees help identify needs for product and service enhancements, set priorities for development and plan future directions.
TIES SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
TIES works with several special interest groups in which school district staff using TIES products and services can share ideas and solutions.
Student Information System
- Student Special Interest Group shares ideas and experiences with TIES Student Information System. Contact Deb Hempel, 651-999-6315.
- Minnesota Automated Reporting Student System (MARSS) Special Interest Group is for school district staff who work with the MARSS state reporting system. Contact Marilynn Loehr, 651-999-6310.
- Student Health Special Interest Group brings together school nurses to discuss issues and ideas concerning the TIES Student Information System health module. Contact Sue Coons, 651-999-6304.
- Student i-Plan Special Interest Group focuses on TIES i-Plan individualized education plan application. Contact Sue Coons, 651-999-6304.
- Student Special Education Special Interest Group shares ideas and experiences with the special education module. Contact Marilynn Loehr, 651-999-6310.
Finance and HRPay systems
- Accounting Special Interest Group directs, defines and tests new features of the TIES Finance System. Contact Brian Marquis, 651-999-6406.
- Accounts Payable and Purchasing Special Interest Group shares best practices and directs, defines and tests new features of the TIES Finance System accounts payable and purchasing modules. Contact Brian Marquis, 651-999-6406.
- Human Resources and Payroll Special Interest Group discusses issues, problems and solutions involving TIES HRPay System. Contact Ken Hayes, 651-999-6415.
Learning and Technology
- Key Instructional Contacts is made up of district staff who work to improve teacher use of technology. Contact Troy Cherry, 651-999-6514.
- Technology Integrationists Network members share tips, ideas and resources for improving technology integration in schools throughout Minnesota. Contact Marla Davenport, 651-999-6502.
- Minnesota Internet2 User Group is made up of Minnesota educators interested in using Internet2 capabilities for collaboration primarily through interactive videoconferencing. Contact Heather Wells, 651-999-6508.
- Minnesota Interactive Learning Collaboration is a group of educators and informal education content providers from Minnesota's cultural organizations. Contact Heather Wells, 651-999-6508.
- VersaTrans Special Interest Group focuses on information and best practices in using the VersaTrans transportation routing system. Contact Adam Sisneros, 651-999-6072.
- Edulog Special Interest Group meets to share information and best practices in using the Edulog transportation routing system. Contact Adam Sisneros, 651-999-6072.