Tools for school district leaders seeking a high-quality technology program to improve student learning
TIES offers professional audits in six areas that can help district leaders develop an effective technology program while saving time and money.
This review of existing technology, processes and policies offers a big-picture perspective to help you prioritize your technology goals. It includes:
- An inventory and assessment of all existing technology
- A detailed review of technology processes and policies
- Recommendations for aligning with industry and educational best practices
This focused assessment of wireless application protocols and environments provides:
- A detailed coverage placement map
- Identification of switch and cabling needs
- Quantification of wireless application protocols and security options for budgeting purposes
3. Basic security
This assessment looks at network and infrastructure security concerns to determine and evaluate:
- The regulation of physical and administrative access
- Existence and enforcement of network access and use policies
- Tracking of device configuration changes
- Alignment of configuratons with security best practices
4. Technology staffing
This review of organizational makeup analyzes and evaluates:
- Work flow and efficiency processes
- Policies and procedures
- Training needs
5. Technology integration
Using onsite visits and interviews, this audit assesses how the district is meeting six essential conditions of the enGauge framework for effective use of technology to improve teaching and learning by asking:
- Is there a shared vision for the comprehensive integration of technology?
- Is the vision being realized through research-based strategies that effectively use technologies?
- Are educators proficient in implementing, assessing and supporting effective practices?
- Do students and staff have anytime, anywhere access to technology to support teaching and learning?
- Does the decision-making process about technology ensure the integration of appropriate technologies?
- Is the digital divide being addressed through appropriate and effective resources and strategies?
6. Hardware and software inventory
This full inventory of all hardware and software identifies in easy-to-read reports:
- All physical devices attached to the network
- System configurations
- Warranty and BIOS information
- Serial numbers
- Patch levels
- Application inventory
- Software CD key management